Evangeline Beverages ltd - art deco bottle found swimming

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
pulled this bottle out of the lake the other day , at a spot where i've found many bottles before but not one for Evangeline Beverages ltd . in fact don't recall ever finding this bottle in my area before other than maybe a tiny piece of a broken one once

unortuently the neck part is broken off but rest of bottle in good condition . mostly known as an east coast brand and more typically found in Nova Scotia / New Brunswick . was also bottled in Ontario according to my books in the 30's 40's so thats likely when this bottle is from

embossed " Bottled by Evangeline Beverages LTD , EVANGELINE , Design reg'd , contents 12 fl oz

DSC04908.JPG
DSC04910.JPG

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
I'm a bit more toward the southern point of the compass in CT. Only found one in over 30 years. Its exactly like yours, except intact.

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
Instead of a stick, would a long metal probe like a shish kebob skewer find glass versus rock by the sound transmitted through the metal?

RCO

Reaction score
Instead of a stick, would a long metal probe like a shish kebob skewer find glass versus rock by the sound transmitted through the metal?

likely too deep to use something like that , for the location and depth

CCB420

Reaction score
When you said Evangeline, I was thinking someone was digging down here close to the Bayou state!! If you're ever driving thru Evangeline parish, better slow down

JKL

Reaction score
That is a St Catharines Bottle (Niagara Falls Area). Bottled by Morin Beverages at one point. You see them around for $5-$15 typically. Beautiful bottle.
The Poem of Evangiline by Longfellow refers to the Acadian struggles a couple hundred years ago. Makes sense that the brand is in Nova Scotia and that there is a Parish in Louisianna. Not sure what the connection to the Niagara Falls area would be.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi