Examples/pics of any Estelleville Glassworks Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

EdsFinds

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Glass Bottles, made at EstelleVille Glassworks in Atlantic County Park, Estell Manor, NJ still exist?

nhpharm

Reaction score
I'm sure there are bottles that were made there still around, but that is one glassworks that I don't know of anything that is actually "attributed" to the glassworks and I don't think they embossed anything with their glassworks name like Ellenville and Dyottville did.

EdsFinds

Reaction score
I have known this factory since I was a kid. It was an early 19th century glass factory that was in operation from 1825-1877. The factory was built between 1825-26 by John H. Scott for the Estell family. Glass production began in 1826. It closed sometime around 1900 I think. There used to be large (not so large now) piles of (what I call) molten slags of glass). You used to be able to grab a few and use them as garden ornaments for your garden, yard, or even as paperweights. I still have one till this day (here's a pic of it, there used to be other colors as well). Today, you can still find small Pebble like shards, but everyone kind of grabbed all the good ones overtime, plus the park kind of frowns upon taking stuff today (which I understand and agree with).

Sadly, I have never seen an example of any glass bottles or flat glass produced from this factory. Perhaps it is because they never put a makers mark on their products. Hmmm...shame.

Attachments

• IMG_20230226_114416.jpg
    IMG_20230226_114416.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide