Excited to dig a new dump!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Thanks to Craigslist, I found someone in Cumberland, RI selling off most of their small bottle collection. It was well-worth the 50 minute drive, as I obtained about 15 RI bottles for $30, including a few unlisted examples. The seller then tells me about a dump nearby I can check out. So, on my way back, I scope it out, and find a very steep slope with a large gulley in it. I see ash and bottle shards, and then a whole bottle sticking out of the side of the gulley! It was just a plain food jar, but handmade. RI bottles from that neck of RI are particularly hard to find, so I'm pretty excited! The seller said his brother dug there once and filled four buckets in a day. The digging looks really easy, and I plan to open a hole next weekend. Will keep you all posted!

sunrunner

Reaction score
its always nice when people tell you about a real place to dig , and not send you on a wild goose chase . like so Meany do . I meet people all the time who have some pie in the sky story about a great dump or where an out house may be and most of the time it turns out to be nothing .

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Nice find Bill; So you know it has an applied glass finish on it. Didn't the bottle tell y9u if it was held in a snap case to have the finish applied and tooled. They had to hold it some way. RED M.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Well, tomorrow is the day! Bringing my camera and full gear. It's supposed to be on and off rain, but I don't think that will stop me. I'll post a new thread with any finds.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology