Farmville NC Bottle Works

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NCPOP

Reaction score
Pop Colas Not the Carolina Club

D20ACF3CF91D4E6487C520953D2F144A.jpg

Attachments

• D20ACF3CF91D4E6487C520953D2F144A.jpg
    D20ACF3CF91D4E6487C520953D2F144A.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 93

ncbred

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum neighbor. I'm right next door in Edgecombe County, Macclesfield to be exact. I have the CA-RO and Gays Beverages from Farmville also. My CA-RO isn't nearly as nice as yours though.

Also love the Washington, Mint Cola also. Thats one I don't have. I collect Mint Colas so if you have any you would like to unload just let me know.

NCPOP

Reaction score
Hello ncbred . I am not far away. I use to have 4 uncles and 4 aunts in your town and played there alot when younger. They all passed on but one. I could have sworn I use to have a MintCola from Macclesfield. What bottles from Macclesfield were produced? Can you tell me anything about Farmville Bottle company? Tell me a little about Scotland Neck also. Thanks

ncbred

Reaction score
Mint Cola was the only bottling company in Macclesfield. The Mint Cola bottles from Macclesfield were slugplates and they are pretty hard to come by. I know of atleast 5 in this area. The last slugplate Mint Cola I watched on Ebay sold for $150. It was the exact same style as Macclesfield but was from either Thomasville or Mooresville, NC I think.

As for the Farmville and Scotland Neck bottling plant, I don't know anything. I do know alot of local collectors knew about Gays Beverages but didn't know there was a CA-RO bottle also. I'm sure there is more out there but yours makes the third one I've seen. Granted I've only been in the hobby 5 years. I've mainly been collecting Mint Cola, and any bottles from local towns like Tarboro, Wilson, Rocky Mount, Greenville and other local smaller towns.

My bottles are packed away as I'm going to be moving them in my new barn once I insulate the inside and put the walls up but I'll see if I can dig the Scotland Neck bottles out and take a pic. I'll try and swipe my dads Macclesfield Mint Cola for a minute and take a pic of that too.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey