First dug ground lip jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tony14

Reaction score
Thanks Mike!! The glass is pretty thick so i think im safe!! This ones stayin in my collection for a while[:)]I really really like them s's...I want to get out diggin again! Hopefully before tuesday...I start school again.[&:] Oh well senior year one more to go right!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to reply, had to figure out where I left my redbook. In my opinion it's as you suspected, and as the seller stated it's not listed with the L & W base in the redbook. Where most letters A - Z have several variants of base embossing, errors, etc. there is only one K listed in Qt and Hg. and that is the unmarked base variant. I think all letters have an L & W base listed except K and M. And now K has shown up so I would say they definitely made an M also ( W is listed - Hmmmm) All of these letter jars seem to be pretty good except a couple of the many C variants and half of the N variants (must have made a ton of those). Your jar is a nice one anyday.

Cobalt

P.S. The unmarked base Qt is listed as $75 - 100 compared to most letter unmarked base Qts averaging $30 - 40, again I believe this is because it (was) the only K variant listed.

Tony14

Reaction score
Thankss for the great info on that! It definately makes sense. This christmas ill be getting a redbook so it should get easier from there[;)]

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Yeah, #10's been coming for a long time now, but gotta be close, ya may want to wait on that. You'll simply be amazed at how many jars are listed!

cookie

Reaction score
Tony-There is 1 important issue about your jar that hasn't been discussed much.....if that staining or cloudiness doesn't come out of jar it would diminish the value of the jar greatly...professional tumbling would help restore it....but that's an added cost.I have dug tons of jars and have run across this proble..hope this helps-John

Tony14

Reaction score
Hey John i actually just got this one tumbled. Its on its way back to me right now. Ill post a pic once i get it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen