First (shallow) dive; June 2010 :-)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nostalgia

Reaction score
I finally got the time to go and wet myself here in the nice Ottawa region, my long time buddy André met me around noon and we went diving/snorkeling around one of the islands between Gatineau & Ottawa.

The first bottle found (By him [;)] ) was a 1960's 10oz Pepsi. An OK start as it is the first outing!

We spent more or less 5 hours snorkeling; shallow diving (4ft MAX) and actually walking in a couple of feet of water, man did we ever have some fun!

This picture shows a good example of (Thanks to this term found on the forum) some good eco-cleaning:

nostalgia-forum

This second one might not be a big deal for you guys but here in Canada a 16oz Pepsi is a rare sight!

nostalgia-forum

This is a piece of a "Producers dairy" milk bottle from Ottawa.

nostalgia-forum

A couple of pieces of pottery including half of a wire insulator...

nostalgia-forum

And my best find; a small medicinal bottle from France embossed "FER ROBIN" as in "Robin's iron"

nostalgia-forum

My next REAL dive is scheduled in two weeks, I'll keep you posted; hope you enjoyed [:)]

nostalgia

Reaction score
Here is the complete story WITH PICTURES:

I finally got the time to go and wet myself here in the nice Ottawa region, my long time buddy André met me around noon and we went diving/snorkeling around one of the islands between Gatineau & Ottawa.

The first bottle found (By him [;)] ) was a 1960's 10oz Pepsi. An OK start as it is the first outing!

We spent more or less 5 hours snorkeling; shallow diving (4ft MAX) and actually walking in a couple of feet of water, man did we ever have some fun!

This picture shows a good example of (Thanks to this term found on the forum) some good eco-cleaning:

1.jpg

This second one might not be a big deal for you guys but here in Canada a 16oz Pepsi is a rare sight!

2.jpg

This is a piece of a "Producers dairy" milk bottle from Ottawa.

3.jpg

A couple of pieces of pottery including half of a wire insulator...

4.jpg

And my best find; a small medicinal bottle from France embossed "FER ROBIN" as in "Robin's iron"

5.jpg

My next REAL dive is scheduled in two weeks, I'll keep you posted; hope you enjoyed [:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology