For Sale: Lot of 11 blob top beer bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

geedavid

Reaction score
I have 11 different blob top beer bottles. They're all different and come from 8 different breweries from Worcester, Massachusetts. I put them up on ebay with quite a few photos. Go take a look at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6135681575

thanks.

Ge95214.jpg

Attachments

• Ge95214.jpg
    Ge95214.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 90

Pontiled

Reaction score
Did I read the auction correctly? Are you asking $30.00 for shipping them? It's a nice group, but the shipping is very high.

geedavid

Reaction score
Did I read the auction correctly? Are you asking $30.00 for shipping them? It's a nice group, but the shipping is very high.

Hi Mike.
Yes, my cost for actually insuring and shipping will be less than $30, but packing all of them up carefully is going to be a big job, and I have no regular experience packing bottles for shipping and I'm rather obsessive so I'll probably way overpack them as well.

Regardless though, everyone bidding is aware of the shipping cost that I've listed and it should simply be incorporated into their bids, i.e. the bids will only go up to the $ amount (given the fixed extra $30) that people are willing to pay. Personally, when I bid on something at ebay I often adjust down the maximum bid I'm willing to make based on the S&H charges listed for that particular item.

Hope you understand my "logic"! Either way though, it's already been put up on ebay so there's no turning back. Thanks for your interest,

David.

Bendy

Reaction score
What is a "blob top"? Does it refer to the shape or the plug which would be stuck in the opening of the bottle? Just a newbie - have patience with dumb questions, please!

geedavid

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Bendy

What is a "blob top"? Does it refer to the shape or the plug which would be stuck in the opening of the bottle? Just a newbie - have patience with dumb questions, please!

Hey,

I know barely more than you, but go to my auction (it's over but the photos are still there) and look at the photos and the tops. Especially, scroll down to the bottom and click the link for the image of the bottle necks. You can see the tops well. I believe, but am not sure, that some of these bottles are made of 4 pieces: front, back, bottom and blob top. You can see that the seams only go up to the blob top and then stop.

Well, hope this helps. I'm sure there are many people here who know a lot and can help you.

Auction link again is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6135681575

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Bendy, Blob top refers to the shape of the applied lip put on the bottle after it was blown. I have also heard it refered to as a Glob top or gloppy top. Here is a picture from Kovels bottles price list. You will find these types of lip on sodas, areated waters, anything with carbonation. Hope this helps, Kelley

Hf97940.jpg

Attachments

• Hf97940.jpg
    Hf97940.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 88

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member