Forum member 'Barqs19'

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bluebelle

Reaction score
Glad Barqs is ok, Glad your grandfather is OK, Tony! Thoughts and prayers for all involved.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
BARQS...good ta hear from you and know yer okay. Hope you can get re-situated soon.

I been to New Orleans a couple of times and always enjoyed visiting the Historical Pharmacy Museum. Lots of old bottles with original boxes and contents...drug store show globes. shop bottles, showcases, and paraphenalia...all gone now....or severely damaged. There were even some local items displayed there.[:(]

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi all I would have replied sooner but couldn't find the post, the electricity came one about 5 days ago thankfully. I've heard from just about everyone except people on the coast, probably no phones down there yet. I was in Biloxi Thurs. before the storm taking pictures of the old 1898 barq's plant and house. They may not be there now, not sure. We were at the New Orleans Bottle show Sat. before the storm. I saw the two guys from the coast there. We didn't really think nothing of it until about 2 that evening when they were going to contra flow the interstate. We hauled ass across Lake Ponchatrain before they did, which most of that bridge is no longer there. It was kind of strange, you really don't know where these things will hit until they do and some people just wait till the last minute, HWY 49 which was by my house was empty, no one was leaving the coast like they did during Ivan. Hope all is well with anyone else on here affected by the storm.
Robert
BARQS19

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster