found a bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nathimonki375

Reaction score
I found a bottle the other day and was wondering how old it is and the price range. it's the first old bottle i've ever had and wanted to know about it. it's a lea & perrins bottle that says worcestershire sauce, some of the label is still there but a lot of it is peeled away, oh, should i leave it that way? the bottom has the letters j,d, and s. it's about 7 and a half inches tall with a 2" diameter. that's about it, i appreciate the help.

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi nathimonki375, welcome to the bottle forum [:D] .

Unfortunatly the Lea&Perrins sauce bottles are very common but a lot harder to get with a bit of label still on it, you can preserve the label by spraying it with a coat of clear lacquer.

nathimonki375

Reaction score
Hello,
Thanks for the help[:D]!!! i'm gald that someone knows what they are talking about (but i'm sure that most people at this website do). well yesterday i found out that my grandpa has a collection of old bottles in the basement of their house. i'll get them sometime becuase my grandma on longer has use for them. i'll be on later to ask about those.
thanks again.

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Nath...welcome to the forum ...

I too have a Lea & Perrins with about 3/4 of the label still intact and I thank you for asking your ques...because I never thought about trying to preserve the label..and thanks to you too Irish for giving me the idea of spraying it with clear lacquer....

Isn't this a neat site to find out answers to questions you didn't even know you had?

Good hunting my friends...and Nath...you are going to find yourself addicted to bottle collecting when you see the beauty to be found in these sometimes one-of-a -kind old bottles..especially if you find one with bubbles and swirls and bumps and indentations....you wait and see![;)]

The Doc...Dr J...[X(]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28