Found a demi and a hand fire grenade at the flea market today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jdogrulz

Reaction score
Found these two at the flea market today. I think the neck was cut off and polished on the Haywards Hand Grenade. It has a small crack on the neck so I am assuming that is why it was cut a polished. Whats weird is it only has embossing on one star panel. All of the pics I have been able to find shows at least 3 of the stars had embossing. Not sure whats up with that.

The demi has a HUGE crude applied sloping collar on it. It is 2 1/2" at the bottom of the lip and tapers to 1" at the mouth. It stands 13" tall and the base is 4 1/2". What a beautiful Aqua!! Not sure what the date of it is or if its American or European.

DSC00161.JPG

DSC00162.JPG

DSC00163.JPG

DSC00175.JPG

DSC00184.JPG

DSC00185.JPG

DSC00195.JPG

DSC00210.JPG

DSC00212.JPG

DSC00213.JPG

DSC00217.JPG

DSC00227.JPG

DSC00220.JPG

DSC00221.JPG

DSC00223.JPG

DSC00225.JPG

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi Jeff, You just keep doing it. I like the color and detail of the fire grenade. I haen't seen that one before, but I think you are right about the top alteration.

The demi-john is like many of them. It is too bad we can't see what is in there without denuding the bottle. I am going to try and get a doctors long goose looking flash light some day. I had a Ear Nose and Throat quack stick one of those things in my nose to look at my swallowing mechanism one time. He didn't like what he saw and wanted to have me take a sleep apthnia test. I never went back to him either. So no goose neck lookin light. RED Matthews

jdogrulz

Reaction score
Thanks Red. Yea I was debating - should I - or - should I not..... I decided on not. So I cant tell if it is pontiled or not. But it is really cool. Yep, its a shame about the grenade, that's just plain MURDER!!

Well as usual thanks for you info and your kindness Red[;)]

Take care

P.S. Sorry to hear about your goose quack swallowing neck lookin light experience!! lol[:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter