Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Found in an estate

ColetteB

Jul 3, 2020
I found about 2 dozen old bottles when cleaning out a family member's house. My great uncle apparently started a collection of bottles before he passed away. I have been doing a lot of research, but really can't tell if the bottles are worth saving or very common. Where/how do you find out this information. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

ColetteB

Jul 3, 2020
Thanks....I haven't cleaned them yet, but here are some of the pictures. My uncle died in the 1970's so I know they are at least somewhat old, but no idea.

Attachments

hemihampton

Oct 6, 2006
Thanks for the Pics. I didn't see anything that looked to Interesting. They are all common unless there is a sleeper in there I'm not aware of? Your Best Bottle would probably be the Hostetters Bitters but even that one is the most common Bitters known & maybe only worth $10.00. LEON.

Phil Younger

Jun 18, 2020
I found about 2 dozen old bottles when cleaning out a family member's house. My great uncle apparently started a collection of bottles before he passed away. I have been doing a lot of research, but really can't tell if the bottles are worth saving or very common. Where/how do you find out this information. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I'm a rather new collector myself but that aqua bottle that has AB on the bottom is an old Anheuser-Busch bottle I have one and did a lot of research and found out that's what it is mine appears to be identical to yours and is circa 1915

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarknessLurking