Found in an old trappers cabin

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ve5bbt

Reaction score
I was out snowmobiling with a group of friends and we always stop at a deserted old trappers cabin. Well guess what I found??? Some of the locals tell me the last time this place was habitated was before W.W. II. Here is the beautiful purple bottle I found. I was wondering if anyone has any idea's as to what it is. The bottle measures 11" high 4 1/2" wide and 2 3/4" thick. it has a stamping on the bottom 37 . also on the front near the bottom is a smaller number 4 . The seams go on either side all the way up to the lip. But what I found most interesting is the " flap / fold" on the bottom , I at first thought it was a crack but after cleaning it appears to be molded. Thanks for any help on this one.

Vt56666.jpg

Picture cropped and reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Vt56666.jpg
    Vt56666.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 53

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Hey Rick! I just posted on the other pic of the bottom, before seeing this pic as well. Bottle is a great color and looks like it has an applied lip on the top. Does the seam actually run allthe way to the top or does it end at the bottom of the lip rings around the top of neck? Doe the rings at the top look unevenly made?

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi Rick...

The scar on the base is a tell-tale sign that this bottle was machine-made, early 20th century...Nice amethyst coloring on a probable whiskey flask...

Ron

Tandy

Reaction score
Hi Rick,
Greetings from South Oz! I agree with what Bearswede says, it is the right shape to be a whisky flask. How thick is it?

All the best,

Tandy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4