Fradulent Bottle Auctions on eBay now - help stop!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bne74honda

Reaction score
Done as well.

ORIGINAL: rlynch

To file a complaint, open the eBay listing for each bottle (I have the links above in original post), then click the "Report item" link on right side of page near the item number.
Then select "Listing Practices" for "Report Category".
Select "Fradulent listing activities" for "Reason for Report".
Select "You suspect the listing is fradulent" for "Detailed Reason".

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Very Rare Escambia Pepsi Cola Hutch, Pensacola, FL
http://cgi.ebay.com/Very-Rare-Escambia-Pepsi-Cola-Hutch-Pensacola-FL-/160605984993?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2564dcd8e1
pics stolen from ??? - not sure yet, but sure they were stolen as well - can anyone help?

I didnt see it anywhere. Its cropped kind of odd like it was scanned from a book with a group shot. I dont have any Pepsi books to check.

rlynch

Reaction score
I know who has the Cape May lighthouse Bitters, and it's not the seller.

rlynch

Reaction score
I tried asking the seller first before I reported the fraud.
Never got a reply from the seller; no surprise there.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I reported the items. Hope it helps.

Man, that is your worst nightmare as a buyer. I guess your best defense is to ask for specific pictures of the bottle and if you don't get them, don't bid. That sure makes things difficult if you find an item right before its about to close. I guess maybe using paypal would protect you if you got scammed?

I once saw a picture that I took used in someone else's ebay auction. The seller convinced me that they actually owned the bottle but that they were having trouble taking as nice of a shot as I had posted. I wasn't real excited with having a bottle in a box at home listed on ebay but as long as the buyer was satisfied, I was not going to raise heck . . . Amazing what crazy crap can arise in our digitized world.

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
I did my part as well...I dont see how the seller can get away with it, even if we didnt catch on. Doesnt the buyer need the bottle in his hands before the seller gets the money?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Done, I just wish there was a choice for this ebay rule. "You can't include pictures that don't accurately represent the item for sale."
Wait, there was another one. I can't find it now. He should state the pictures are not of the actual bottle. Wait, he probably doesn't have them. Why can't you make a detailed complaint?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hey Reggie, your Seaworths are both on Google images. How does that work, do you post them there? Just wondering.
It may be time to start watermarking them. I think it was deepbluedigger (Jerry) that had the same problem and that's what he did.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973