Free Dr Townsend *

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Penn Digger

Real nice Rick! Good for you. Please keep your stories coming. I always enjoy reading them.

PD

I need something to write about. How about "A muck hole in Bradford" [:D]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hey Rick I am Travis the Townsends was pontiled. It had a sand chip pontil, it also had a weird mold mark on one corner. I really do not know how to explain it. The guy who bought it new exactly what mold it was. Townsends and Wisharts are really cool bottles you could build a killer collection off either one of those. By the way I really like the purple flask you dug, will you be at Baltimore?

Well atticfinds; I am always looking for weird mold marks - I consider them bottlemysteries until we understand what caused them. So can it be pictured? RED Matthews

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Penn Digger

It was PUCE not purple! Too bad Rick never posted a picture of it. LOL[;)]

PD

Yeah well you will just have to use your imagination [8D]

Thanks for the input.[;)]

cookie

Reaction score
Rick- great bottle, and well deserved. I enjoyed reading about your friend Lil Digger in the recent ABGC issue. Keep up the good work. john

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

I bet you thought you just got lucky.[:)]

Here is the Dr Townsend I won in the AB&GC 2012 writing contest. I have never dug a "whole" one of these baby's but I was lucky enough to dig some cool colored pieces over the years.

Thank's to John Pastor for this beautiful first place prize. Now I have a whole one! [:D]

D1D2CFA26BA343E5B41CC1E40F1AA135.jpg

Very nice Rick...Top notch.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Thanks Paul

I am waiting for the March & April issue of "Bottles & Extra" to come. I wrote a story last year called "The privy digathon" It was when we dug all those blighted houses in town. there wasn't a whole lot found but we did get a few good things plus some good metal detecting finds in the yards. I'll post it up when I scan it.The pic on the front cover is mine,"Kids looking down the privy" [:D] Rick

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973