Free to a good home - a bad ass beaver

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

beendiggin

Reaction score
Global Post/ April 12, 2013, 2:11 PM

Beaver attacks and kills man in Belarus

19 Comments
/
559 Shares /

167 Tweets /

Stumble /

This story originally appeared on GlobalPost

A man was attacked and killed by a beaver in Belarus.

Sky News reported the man was on a fishing trip with two friends at Lake Shestakov when they spotted the animal on the side of the road.

The beaver attacked the man as he approached to take a photo.

The Daily Telegraph offered a slightly different version of events, saying the man wanted to pose next to the animal for a photograph.

The next part of the story is not in dispute - the beaver sank his sharp teeth into the man's thigh, severing a main artery.

Despite his friends' attempts to stop the bleeding, the man bled to death.

"It was early morning and already light when they saw a beaver by the road, which was unusual because beavers are nocturnal," Sergei Shtyk, the deputy head of the region's wildlife inspectorate, told The Daily Telegraph.

"One of them went up to be photographed with it, and the animal attacked him and bit him twice, cutting an artery in his thigh, before running away."

Plumbata

Reaction score
Wow, that is up there with the horde of starving Siberian squirrels that attacked and ate a decent-sized dog (a dismal mast/acorn harvest that season triggered it). And squirrels don't have squat on a beaver in terms of dental cutting power. Even so, if there is an afterlife, I bet that guy gets pretty embarrassed when asked what great evil brought his mortal existence to an end, lol.

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Man now thats a bad day. I was wondering about the headline how a beaver could kill somebody, bled to death, that sucks.

We get them here 65+ pounds and they are solid muscle. Had one chew right out of a steel cage trap in the back of the jeep last summer, mean'er than cat pizz that one, most of them are pretty mellow (unless ya poke 'em). That one was probably a road kill that was only stunned.

"It was early morning and already light when they saw a beaver by the road, which was unusual because beavers are nocturnal," Sergei Shtyk, the deputy head of the region's wildlife inspectorate, told The Daily Telegraph.

[8|] Thats why he's only deputy head, beaver are both nocturnal and diurnal, and just as dangerous anytime of the day.

epackage

Reaction score
Personally I like getting a little beaver on a regular basis...

mr.fred

Reaction score
Had one hooked once while fishing. Was using a spinner and it hooked him on the underside. He came up on the bank after my azz~they are fast on land. Once i got my nerve up i cut the line. He stayed in the area slapping his tail and giving the fish eye for a long time after.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I'd have reeled it in if I fished. Fur hat and a tasty meal maybe? It may have suffered a long time by just cutting the line and that would bother me.

beendiggin

Reaction score
Had one hooked once while fishing. Was using a spinner and it hooked him on the underside. He came up on the bank after my azz~they are fast on land. Once i got my nerve up i cut the line. He stayed in the area slapping his tail and giving the fish eye for a long time after.

I fish a lot and would not like that experience one bit. I hope that never happens to me- that must have been freaky. Nice job landing the beaver by the way. That's one you would be glad "got away"....

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

I'd have reeled it in if I fished. Fur hat and a tasty meal maybe? It may have suffered a long time by just cutting the line and that would bother me.
mmmmmm mmmmmm good...

EBBF4D5B372E4514B1B4AB38CAE918DC.jpg

Attachments

• EBBF4D5B372E4514B1B4AB38CAE918DC.jpg
    EBBF4D5B372E4514B1B4AB38CAE918DC.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 53

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members