Frog ornament

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Last month I told you folks about the 1900 - 30ish site I was digging. I pulled a lot of interesting, if not terribly valuable, items out of the banking. From a citron green 6'' depression glass salt shaker to a 3-foot diameter glazed ornamental landscaping ring made by Portland Marble co. But the oddest item was a 2 -3'' molded milk-glass frog ornament.[8D] The detail is wonderful, the skin is embosse with realistic patterning, the feet end in hair-thin 'webbs'.[:)] It was apparently painted gold at one time, however, only a few flakes remain. The eyes are silver with black iris, the mouth retains its red coloring. The 'nose' is where a miniture light is inserted (opps, I forgot to say it was lighted). The socket is stamped with a 'M' within a diamond, 15V, and JAPAN - I'm guessing Westinghouse, 15 volts, made in Japan. I've never seen another like it, probably of no value, but it's a keeper for me. I'll post a picture soon.

David E

Reaction score
Hi Norm, the N within a diamond may be Tippon Glass Co. Ltd Tokyo Japan.
No date given, but being it was dug if it just says "Japan" and not "made in Japan"
it would be Pre 1921.

Dave

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229