Garage sale find!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
I was just at this garage sale this guy was just setting up. I ask if he had any old bottles
He sail "yea I have a few" He pull out a few old ball jars and that looked to be all he had. Then he said he had about 150 old pop bottles out back but he hadn't decided how much to sell them for. He took me back to the back porch and I couldn't believe it!
I don't really know much about pop bottles but these looked very nice! Lots of cool labels and names! They have to be worth at least $5 each or who knows! Along with them he had all kinds of other bottles! I have first pick at the whole collection tomorrow or the next day when he has a chance to look at them.
I'm going to offer him to buy the whole collection somewhere around 250 bottles!

How much should I pay for them all ??? I was thinking of offering him $200. Any thoughts from some of the experts here? I hate to spend more not really knowing what they are worth. I am new to this hobby any suggestions would be gladly appreciated!

Glen[&:]

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hi Glen -

Sounds like you have yourself the makings of a great collection. $200 sounds like a reasonable offer -hope there aren't a lot of duplicates though. I'll be interested to see how you make out on the deal. Good luck!

-Sam

BARQS19

Reaction score
It really depends on what they are, just because they look neat, they could be worth $1 each or nothing, I don't get anywhere near painted label Coke bottles. I wish I could get rid of the ones I have. Go back and write down all of the bottles you think are the oldest and neatest. Then look them up and see if they are worth buying. Did you see any Barq's or Moonglo by chance?
Robert

Humabdos

Reaction score
Gee I wish I had read your post BEFORE I paided $250.[&:] ! I bought them last night. Yes do have 6 or 8 Barq's. What's nice about these bottels is that most of the are from Oregon including the Barq's (from Salem where I live).[:)]
A lot of the ALC pops are from small oregon towns. I'm going to write a list and I'll post it along with photos. I got over two hundred fifty bottles to go through!

Glen

flasherr

Reaction score
Sounds like you did OK. If that is what most of the bottles look like in you other post you did ok. Those are some nice bottles most of the bottles I saw there were in my opinion $3-$15 bottles. The are clean and that is a big deal to find them in good shape. Congratulations and im a lil jealous lol.
Brian

Humabdos

Reaction score
Thanks for the Info Brian!
There are a lot of bottle collectors in Oregon who collect local ACL bottles. I'm sure they are worth more here in Oregon than anywhere else.
I'll sell the duplicates to recoup some of the $250. I spent. Also along with the ACL bottles were lots of other kinds of bottles.
Glen

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles