garage sale finds, what are they

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coreya

Reaction score
here are some of this weekends sale finds, first is a nice small (7" tall x 5 1/2" at its widest) scroll type flask with the initials D G W on the front bottom (I know I’ve seen that before but just can't remember where) It has a rough sharp circular area on the base that could be a pontil but I have my doubts. So Clevenger (I doubt it) or Wheaton (perhaps) or other, would like to know.
The next is an apothecary type jar that looks sort of like a German 1/2 post bottle in shape but the lip looks applied with a ground inside with stopper. There are no mold lines other than a round area where the neck and bottle join. This one is pontiled and the glass is heavy and wavy also it is 9 1/2" tall by 4 1/4 by 4 1/4". Any ideas on these would be most appreciated.
The third is a large LeParfiet bottle that replaces one that blew up in my refrigerator while making Kim-Chi. (Sealed it too tight)

100_3117.jpg

100_3118.jpg

100_3120.jpg

100_3121.jpg

100_3122.jpg

100_3123.jpg

100_3124.jpg

100_3125.jpg

100_3126.jpg

100_3127.jpg

100_3128.jpg

100_3129.jpg
[/IMG]

Ratzilla

Reaction score
Your scroll flask came from Downer Glass Works, a Clevenger competitor located just outside Glassboro, NJ, circa 1970's. Their bottles are all very crude; all are pontilled. Downer was a much smaller operation so there's not as much of their stuff around. Not real high value but probably worth more than you got it for, maybe $10-20. Not sure about the square bottle, could be old, certainly looks it, but the lack of wear on the base is suspicious - does anyone know if these were reproduced at some time?

coreya

Reaction score
Thanks Ratzilla, Thats some great info and yes thats much more than I paid (1.50) As for the other jar there is some wear on the 4 high points of the bottom (its a bit concave) about what would be expected on an apothacary display bottle. But thats all I know.

The Can Kid

Reaction score
Are those PARFAIT jars worth anything? An old lady in my apartment building has some smaller ones that she would probably sell to me.
I thought they were a modern jar?

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
As for the other jar there is some wear on the 4 high points of the bottom (its a bit concave) about what would be expected on an apothacary display bottle.

I think its a liquor bottle out of a case set.

coreya

Reaction score
TheCanKid, the LeParfiet super in 1 1/2 ltr shows in the redbook as 15-20 but being european there is not much info available on the canning stuff from over the pond.(wish there was as I've some german jars I would like info on) Like I said I use them for storage and stuff just because they can be obtained in larger sizes.
AntiqueMeds, A Liquor decanter is possible but the top sure does'nt lend itself to the pouring of liqueds and the stopperd area is much smaller than decanters I've seen.
The hunt goes on, Thanks!!![:D]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster