Finds of May 17th 2023

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Conducted a dig yesterday, May 17th 2023, here are some of the finds:
20230518_151556.jpg

Front Row left to right:
1. Seipp's Beer, Chicago, Alcohol Content 2 1/2%
2. Scott's Emulsion Cod Lover Oil with Lime and Soda
3. Burnett's Standard Flavoring Extracts
4. Major's Cement New York
5. Coli-Actine "Feng"
6. Ben Hur
7. Flushing Mineral Water Co. Flushing NY

Back Row:
1. Applied top three piece mold green glass
2. Tooled crown Jacob Rupert Brewer New York
3. Tooled lip Whitall Tatum Glass Company amber bottle
4. Tooled lip unmarked amber bottle

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Nice assortment! Are you working a TOC dump?
This dump was capped in the summer of 1924 with no artifacts dating to later than September of that year, I have been digging this site for the past three years.

I also dig another dump capped in 1910, I dug there just two days ago finding a couple blob-top beers.

There is also a place I recently discovered in Staten Island that appears to be even older, but someone has already plundered it.

That dump is amazing - torpedo bottles, blob tops, ginger beer bottles, black enamel on stoneware jars, jugs, but everything is broken, someone dug up the place, took all the good artifacts and tossed all the broken bits. If I could only have discovered that place sooner. The only problem with that place is everything smells like noxious chemicals. Maybe it was for the best someone else got to it first, Staten Island is a bit too hardcore for me. I'm not going to break out the chemical suit just yet.

If only I could find a place like that, a dump capped in 1890 or so, that's also not covered in chemicals, nor tampered with yet, that's the dream.

willong

Reaction score
You are very consistent, UnderMiner, at awakening my envy monster! My only consolation when reading of your digs and those of Hemihampton are the urban hazards I imagine on your dig sites.

I wouldn't kill for a "...dump capped in 1910..." but I would trespass! (At least I would if it was in some out-of-the-way location shielded from view by woods and brush, or tucked into a ravine out of sight.)

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown