Garage Sale Weekend in Stillwater, NY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

debodun

Reaction score
Our town is having its Community-wide garage sale weekend on May 6 & 7th this year. I plan on having one, weather permitting and have a box of bottles. I don't know if any members live close enough (I don't ship - sorry). This is a list of what I will be offering:

Scott's Emulsion
X-Zalia
Kil-Lol Electric Bug Killer
Bromo Seltzer (2 size bottles)
Glover's Imperial Mange Medicine
Konjola
Hays Hair Health
Atwood's Jaundice Bitters
Bovril
Buckingham Whisker Dye
Fitch's Salald Dressing
Dr. Haynes Arabian Balsam
Rubifoam for Teeth

debodun

Reaction score
Garage sale was a bust - not worth the trouble and aggravation. A lot of people stopped, but when it came to getting the wallet out, they suddenly developed short arms and low pockets. Didn't sell one bottle or any other vintage glass. The only thing that sold well were house plants and old kitchen tools. Here are some pics of what I put out:

2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
6.jpg

tolmanbridge

Reaction score
Had a garage sale two weeks ago. Had a lot of the same stuff you have. Didn't sell many bottles (think I sold three or four) but sold $3000 worth of crystal, glassware, and misc. collectibles. Worked out pretty good as I picked up most of the items as lots in auctions or at garage sales. Probably close to 50% profit. Still kept prices fairly low though. Example: Crystal decanter and 8 glasses for $40. Initially paid $4 for it at a garage sale. 2 Elvis records, paid $6.17 for both and sold for $25 total. Most things weren't that good a profit margin. Sold a really nice old book with lots of photographs of WWI trenches, etc. Paid $15.42 and sold for $20 a month later. Still pretty good if you figure what that same $15 would have got me in interest at the bank. Only see one bottle in your photos. Did you have more? I find that if I price items fairly and am willing to wait for that person that wants it, eventually things go. Might have twenty people through who buy only a couple dollars worth and then get that interested person who buys a couple hundred dollars worth. Better luck next time!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis