Garth's Auctions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ktbi

Reaction score
These four bottles are up for auction and may be overlooked as they don't usually do bottles....I have to claim ignorance about flasks, what do you think - repo's? Looks like a good price....

Here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.garths.com/asp/fullCatalogue.asp?salelot=1069++++1071+&refno=++214060

Thanks....Ron

Sale 1069 Lot 1071 FOUR BLOWN GLASS BOTTLES. A Clevenger Bros. amber swirl bottle of gourd form. 6 3/4" h. Together with three flasks. Pale green corn cob pattern. 6 1/2" h. Olive fruit and urn and cornucopia. 5 1/2" h. And aqua scroll design. 7 1/4" h.
Estimate $ 125-225

CBD71EDB32C94DA9AB47302677A35AB1.jpg

Attachments

• CBD71EDB32C94DA9AB47302677A35AB1.jpg
    CBD71EDB32C94DA9AB47302677A35AB1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 68

Gromit0299

Reaction score
Pardon my naivte, but isn't Clevenger Bros considered repro? At least that is what my understanding was from researching bottles. I'm far from an expert, though. And I'm always so skeptical of the antique scroll, as I've seen so many repros of them. The corn cob one looks like it could be authentic, but if the rest of them are repros, who knows. *shrugs shoulders.* I guess never say never. [:)]

ktbi

Reaction score
Gromit - I've never even touched these type of flasks, just not something I collect, so I didn't know. That's why I posted and asked. I too am skeptical, and would never buy one without first asking someone more knowledgeable...Thanks for responding.....Ron

Gromit0299

Reaction score
Oh! Believe me, I wasn't putting you down. I was just making the statement. More because I wondered myself. Sorry if it came across that way.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
NO description of condition. That hurts. If the three are in good condition, and the scroll isn't a repro (at first glance it doesn't look like it but I'm no scroll flask expert either) then they should do pretty well. The half post flask should be good for a couple of hundred I would think, with the other two perhaps $100 apiece and the clevenger $20 or so.

Jim G

toddrandolph

Reaction score
Garth's does sell bottles from time to time. You can go to their website and look at prices from past auctions, which is a great resource for bottles and anything else. They are considered a high end auction house, at least for Ohio. I'm sure there will be many knowledgeable people at the auction, so the chance for a bargain is slim.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Garths sells a good number of bottles, years ago before so many Bottles auction houses, they were one of the leaders in selling guality bottles.They know their glass especially midwestern pieces. I used to attend many of their auctions live and seen some killer bottles sell and bought some good stuff with no problems.

Gromit0299

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: appliedlips

Garths sells a good number of bottles, years ago before so many Bottles auction houses, they were one of the leaders in selling guality bottles.They know their glass especially midwestern pieces. I used to attend many of their auctions live and seen some killer bottles sell and bought some good stuff with no problems.

Good to know. Thanks. I like the corncob bottle. I've seen so many antique scrolls (repros, that is) that they don't interest me, and not because I worry that this particular one is a repro, it's just not my style.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau