Good One?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
English, but dug in SF. Boxed away for decades and traded away today. Spendy little bugger.
CIMG2806.jpg

cadburys

Reaction score
Wow. That's a dandy. I've seen my fair share of UK lids but I have never seen this one...

Ant

surfaceone

Reaction score
emailredreindeer.jpg
From.

Hey Mike,

Great graphics and a crisp transfer. Wonderful box rediscovery! I'm finding very little on Hughes & Jones, which I'm taking as a good thing. I bet our friends across the water are gonna flip.

"172 Pot Lid - large size with green transfer - "Hughes & Jones, Reindeer's Marrow, London" pictorial of Repaired 300 - 400 reindeer. Lid has been broken in half & reglued. Substantial flange damage has been restored. Very rare & worthy of professional of restoration. 8.5cm diam" From April, 2011 Auction.

murrays_obama_pomade-2.jpg
From.

TROG

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

English, but dug in SF. Boxed away for decades and traded away today. Spendy little bugger.
CIMG2806.jpg

Hi Mike,

A very nice looking lid and has been shown and mentioned these come in 3 colours Red/Black and Green prints.They are from the late 1850,s into the 1860,s and turn up here in Australia mainly in the Goldfields areas of Victoria. Thes are not extremely rare but because of the subject matter do not come up for sale very often and are usually collection locked. I would have been interested if it had not already gone.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Yes, TROG, it was found in total early 1850s Gold Rush context.

Gidday

Reaction score
Comes in multiple sizes too. Nice find!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1