Goodwill jar years?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Altom

Reaction score
Hey everyone i just went to goodwill and found a couple of nice looking jars in my opinion. Iv'e looked a little bit about em to see if they were a good buy or not but now im wondering when these might have been circulated and if perhaps its possible for them to be reproductions. Thanks for any input.

DSCN0366_zps45b945e0.jpg

DSCN0367_zpsb7961b57.jpg

DSCN0368_zpsb99c95d0.jpg

DSCN0369_zpsec678e46.jpg

DSCN0370_zpsb2d26fa0.jpg

DSCN0371_zps372c134f.jpg

DSCN0372_zps4ce75eaa.jpg

DSCN0373_zpsaf6c49ba.jpg

DSCN0374_zpsfe5ff254.jpg

botlguy

Reaction score
Not repops and date from the 1908 patent date to probably around 1940. Others can probably pin it down closer, I just never cared about that part. They have minimal collector value as they are very common unless an odd variant that I am unaware of.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I looked in Red Book and I don't see a listing for "Goodwill", just "Good House Keeping". I suspect it's rare.[8|]

coreya

Reaction score
Not worthless just not a retirement fund, are they pints or 1/2 pints? the 1/2 pints are better than the pints. worth a couple bucks & up each.

Altom

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: coreya

Not worthless just not a retirement fund, are they pints or 1/2 pints? the 1/2 pints are better than the pints. worth a couple bucks & up each.

Perhaps unfortunately they are pints.

beendiggin

Reaction score
If I like the look of a bottle I'm not sure about and I'm looking at under ten bucks I'll almost always take a chance. I can't get too hurt for that kind of money.

The Ball is only worth a buck or two, The Drey about 5 bucks at most.

If you have a hankering to try your luck at jars, I recommend you get the Red Book 10 or Fruit Jar Reference Guide. There are a lot of varients with jars that can make a big difference in value.

Altom

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: beendiggin

If I like the look of a bottle I'm not sure about and I'm looking at under ten bucks I'll almost always take a chance. I can't get too hurt for that kind of money.

The Ball is only worth a buck or two, The Drey about 5 bucks at most.

If you have a hankering to try your luck at jars, I recommend you get the Red Book 10 or Fruit Jar Reference Guide. There are a lot of varients with jars that can make a big difference in value.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have been thinking about getting that book and I guess its the way to go because jars seem to be the only sort of collectible i see at thrift stores like goodwill which are abundant around me.

beendiggin

Reaction score
I got the Red Book because I was tired of seeing boxes of jars at yard sales, piles of jars at shops, etc, and not knowing if they were worth a dollar or twenty or a hundred.

It has paid for itself more than once, plus I am learning another facet of this hobby which has been fun. Jars seem to be plentiful, especially around here where lots of people canned and still do. I've been in quite a few old house with root cellars full of jars just sitting there abandoned, too.

Even one good lid can be worth a lot of pocket money, if you know what you're looking at.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960