Google Maps & Soda & Beer Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sodasandbeers

Reaction score
I added google maps to the manufacturers area on my web site www.sodasandbeers.com. There is a map to plot all of the listed glass houses, potteries and jobbers and maps that show all of the bottles made at each glass works.

Looking for feedback.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Tod,

I checked out the new and improved Manufacturers section, and note that each manufacturer is individually mapped. I could not find a map by state, or region, or even the entire US. In my opinion, such maps would be of more interest.

Could the little stars be color coded by age range or era? Sorry, just thinking aloud while typing...

Thank you for all the great information, history, and great photography that you have presented to us!

Fracturestreamerglass.jpg

Sodasandbeers

Reaction score
Great ideas! I will be adding mapping to the search pages, so you can map up all bottles from a state or region and by age type etc. So you could show all of the pontiled bottles from the Coal Region of Pennsylvania, or of the Codd bottles from the United States, etc.

Doing this is easier said than done. I have over 60 hours just doing these couple pages. Good news is that it is totally dynamic so any new additions will automatically included on the maps.

The link below goes to the manufacturers map page:

www.sodasandbeers.com/SABMapManufacturers.htm

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I see that you are listing Holt Glass Works as a source of soda bottles in the West. It has been proven beyond any doubt that such a glass manufacturer did not exist, despite incorrectly published information stating it's business years, etc. I don't know where this information was found, but the rumor of "Holt" has been persistent and for many years accepted as factual. Recent research by myself, and others, have found no basis in fact to suggest that a glass manufacturing concern of that name was ever in business in W. Berkeley, or any other Bay Area city or town. No listings in any business directories, telephone books, city and county directories, or any other publications were found. The mystery of the "H" and numbers continues.

Sodasandbeers

Reaction score
I have read with interest info on Holt. I have done some independent research and have confirmed that Holt was in the "glass" business and that he lived in West Berkley based on Census and Directory records.

Since there was a glass factory there, he lived there, and he was in the glass business, I am not yet decided that he did or did not operate a glass factory there. There seem's to be some evidence the historical writers were basing there research on, undocumented as it is.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey