Got some cleaning to do!...lol

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
That haul looks like it would be from an average Saturday night at my place back in the day, (lol).

Any embossing on the bottles or are they all "slicks"?
These were all slicks dating from the early 40's through the late 60's and what I was looking for anyway, ofcoarse had there been embossed bottles I would have grabbed them also, I feel there has been other bottle gathers here before me as I did see a couple much earlier (non beer) bottles that were broken near an old foundation.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Looks like the perfect spot to find old Beer cans. Did you find any of those? LEON.
Hey Leon, I'm also an avid can collector and still have quite a collection, I'm always on the look out for cans, I say cans because just about any early tins in decent shape can have some value, but I don't get my hopes up too high here in northeast Ohio, most cans I encounter are pretty much dust...lol....I will say though that being an old camping area that the chances are good to find buried pits of cans and bottles, and plan to go back another time, most likely late winter/early spring with my detector...... :)

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
Well, I got the Packie NDNR's cleaned up, out of the five I found yesterday, three are Brockways, one Glenshaw, and one Hazel-Atlas, two of the Brockways are the ones that have "Brownie" embossed in script on the bottom and are firsts for me with the script, the Hazel-Atlas is also a first of this style bottle that I've found and is the one I like best (pictured on the left side), it really has pronounced stippling and a deeper amber color than the others. 20201002_112457.jpg20201002_112611.jpg

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
I also found out that the area I was at was a former rest stop and not a camping area, and after talking more with the guy that gave me this lead, he gave me another lead that was a former campground that closed down by the late 60's and is just north of the area I was at yesterday morning....another road trip!...lol

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis