Great Donut lipped moxie!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
On the way back from dropping my eBay sales off at the PO I decided to do a little more probing at a site I thought I had thourghly probed out.... Ya right lol! within a half hour I came up with the following.. A awesome donut lipped moxie, very clean, and crudely whittled! The bottle was filled with what looked like beef fat! [:'(] Yecch lol but it cleaned up super! I also recovered the following undamaged bottles... J M & Co Boston, Mass. whiskey flask A Foss's extract and a Bakers I wont elaborate on them...[;)] I also came up with a Egyptian Chemical Co. Boston, Mass bottle This is a ABM and has 12 graduation marks on the back. I believe this one is probally a embalming bottle.... The moral of this story is sometimes ya gotta slow down and not dig like a tazmanian devil! Well off to the coast today to find more.. Happy Diggn Taz

Kh17693.jpg

Attachments

• Kh17693.jpg
    Kh17693.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 82

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hey Taz, that's a nice little haul there![:)] I went out last night as well, there's a new spot about 1/2 mile from my house that I've known about but passed on because of mostly ABM bottles. But where there's smoke..... The spot is in a old drainage area off the road that is nicely screened by trees from the road and prying eyes[8D] As I reported in the Soda/ABM forum, I found a 'Great Radium' spring water bottle. They were only in business 1919 - 1922, so I think it's a 'keeper. I also found a bunch of early screw tops with a great art deco look to them. I'm gambling that these will become the collectables of the near-future, as the 'good' bottles seem to becoming scarcer all the time. Lately, I've been keeping any milk glass & Noxemas, because they sell so well at garage sales.[;)] I know, I know. 'Real Collectors' wouldn't be caught dead with these.[:eek:] Last night - 4 different sizes of Noxies, including a huge beautiful 20 oz speciman, 10 various milk glass, 5 - Foss's, the skeleton of a child's cast iron cap gun, a cast iron toy school bus (damaged[:mad:]), an other assorted interesting 'stuff'. I left a lot behind in a shallow hole that were'nt labeled, but I know are 1905 -15. I'll go back in 20 years and make a killing[:D]

Matt in NH

Reaction score
Nice bunch of bottles you got there! [;)] That inkwell looks like a sweet one too! I haven't found one like that yet.....it's neat. Happy digging.....

Matty

amblypygi

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: tazmainiendigger

... I also came up with a Egyptian Chemical Co. Boston, Mass bottle This is a ABM and has 12 graduation marks on the back. I believe this one is probally a embalming bottle....

Hi Taz,

Yup, that Egyptian Chemical Co. is an embalming fluid. I dug 5 of them in Mass. that were tooled lips and I've sold 3 on ebay over the years. If I remember correctly the cheapest went for $27 and the highest was $41. I listed them under poisons.

Good day's probing!

Sean

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Thanks for the input all...Yup when that old probe goe's a screech my blood stops cold![8D] You never know what might turn up! Norm I have seen some nice old inks pop up in one of those ABM dumps, 2 weeks back... A carters aqua 1897 cone, a cobalt blue "spool" ink, and a clear carters #5 cone...O ya and what about those cool little Vatronals that pop up too? I have 4 variants of those small guys now! Matt glad you like that ink... I believe that is a Bixby it kinda looks like a garlic clove with a 9 sided base... that ink is another of my fav's with its ground lip and "smokey" blackish glass! Well off to dream of finding more bottles! Taz

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem