Green figural eagle???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
I was at my favorite garage sale today and I found this beautiful green figural eagle bottle. Its over a foot tall and its head appears to be a shot glass. Its wings are partially spread as if its just landed or preparing to take off. Its gotta be at least six inches wide. The head is kinda flat but still too narrow to sit it down and the beak is sharply curved. Its a definate cork top but I couldn't find the seam at the top. I was in a hurry. On the bottom there appears to be a seam all the way around the edge. It as is embossed "patented....something or other?!?" I can get that info tomorrow. I just may buy it tomorrow. She has it tagged for $20 but I've been able to get 1/2 off pricing before so I might get it for $10 I hope. I'm thinking by the looks it is probably a booze bottle. Can anyone give me any info on this bottle? I've been searching the net all day and I can't find a single bottle like it. Any info on how to tell if it might be a repro of some kind or what it is and a value on this bottle? Thanx for reading and any help you can give me. Swiz

swizzle

Reaction score
Nobody out there with an idea as to whether I should buy this one or not? I really like this bottle but $20 is rather steep for me right now. I have to work this weekend so I can't find out any more about it right now. I know she'll be open monday or tuesday, maybe both. I just hope its still there by then. Swiz

KentOhio

Reaction score
I don't know much about figurals, but it sounds 20th century to me. Don't get it just because you hope it might be something rare and valuable. The rule is buy what you like. If you like it, get it. If you're anything like me, things that you pass up will have a way of haunting you forever. One big rule is, if you're going to buy something, don't let it leave your hand. I know people who tell me about how they pick something up, set it down again, and someone else picks it up and buys it.

swizzle

Reaction score
Found out more about the bottle. Its a Bessi Chianti Falcon Wine bottle. It's missing all the labels. I could only talk her down to $15. I have her holding it for me. Swiz

swizzle

Reaction score
RE: Green figural falcon

I was wrong on the species. Its a falcon not an eagle. One curious thing about this guy is the fact that I don't really see a good spot for labels. Usually a nice smooth spot is designated to the labels but I don't see one. Well what do you guys think? Was it worth the $15 I paid for it? Swiz

Wt59396.jpg

Attachments

• Wt59396.jpg
    Wt59396.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 70

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members