Green Mountain Renovator on eBay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
This one has been bouncing around for quite some time. It's been through at least two auctions now that I know of, plus it has sat on the VT Medicine bottle website for sale for some months (the seller's site). Somethings apparently wrong with the off side panel. It's generally believed to have been polished to get partially rid of a base chip, the divot for which you can see, maybe, in the pics. I haven't personally handled it, so am going off the pics. It'll be interesting to see how much $ they get for it. Jim G

saratogadriver

Reaction score
So much for my theory that the renovators had finally gotten to the top of what they will sell for. One with a polished side goes for that much money means they are still going for 3-5 grand mint... Jim G
Dcravosa said:
Closed at $2,827.23

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
You never can tell. When the Jared Spencers came back up I expected over 100K each but they all went for less, way less on a two of them.

appliedlips

Reaction score
I am all bit certain I owned this bottle years ago. I always loved Stoddard glass and my last name is Smith. I sold most of the good stuff away at the time to purchase it for a similar price on eBay. It was described as mint, and when I opened the package I was disgusted. I was given part of the money back by the seller rather than exchange it. I thought I could live with the polished panels, I couldn't and quickly traded it away at a show. Anyone that heavily polishes the character off of beautiful New England glass is a fool. It felt waxy and fake! Yuck!

appliedlips

Reaction score
I am all bit certain I owned this bottle years ago. I always loved Stoddard glass and my last name is Smith. I sold most of the good stuff away at the time to purchase it for a similar price on eBay. It was described as mint, and when I opened the package I was disgusted. I was given part of the money back by the seller rather than exchange it. I thought I could live with the polished panels, I couldn't and quickly traded it away at a show. Anyone that heavily polishes the character off of beautiful New England glass is a fool. It felt waxy and fake! Yuck!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Huh, the Smith name is in my family tree as well. Maybe we're related? [:D][:D][:D]It was changed I guess from LaForge, LaFarge or something many generations ago. I think it meant "the Smith?I'm not up on the genealogy.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
It went through one of the major glass houses, maybe Heckler, maybe glassworks. They had it listed as likely polished. It's been through at least two ebay auctions now, this most recent one through the folks who run the VT medicine website. I've watched it, because I watch the remaining few VT meds my Mom doesn't yet own. We've never been able to afford a Stoddard Renovator. To me, it seems overpriced for a damaged and polished bottle... It does rather sound like the one you've owned.Jim G
appliedlips said:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28