gross beverages bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbas dad

Reaction score
maybe someone can enlighten me on this is a bottle that i aquired recently. any info would be a big help. it's a green embossed soda. not sure of date. accross the shoulder on both sides is "GROSS" under that "BEVERAGES". along the bottom on one side is "BLOOMSBURG,P.A." on the other is "registered" with "contents7 fl oz."

Zx70879.jpg

Attachments

• Zx70879.jpg
    Zx70879.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 88

ronvae

Reaction score
The State of PA has an online searchable database of "registered" businesses (I think that includes corporations, DBAs, etc...not sure), and the list of "registered" businesses starting with "Gross" is quite substantial. If you goof around on the site, you'll probably be able to figure out the really old registration numbers, then narrow it down, & track your company. There is also another link on the same site to search names that are old, i.e., the name has since changed.

www.dos.beta.state.pa.us/corpsapp/corpsweb/search/wffreeentitysearch.aspx?public=1

[;)]

tncgal

Reaction score
I searched and found a couple of things for you. A google search turned up the name Gross Bottling Wks., Bloomsburg, PA and then I found this ~

eBay completed item

madman

Reaction score
yo bd you the man that is a very cool bottle mike id say 20s or 30s whats on the base mike

bubbas dad

Reaction score
madman, it has a triangle with a "R" inside it. which stands for reed glass company and dates 1927 - 1956. then underneath that is " I 86 5 " i don't know what these stand for. thanks for the message. i have bought several bottles off ebay and will post pictures when i have time.
thanks, john

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Joseph E. Gross, bottler, 417 West Main St., Bloomsburg, PA according to the 1925 Universal Bottlers Encyclopedia. Nice deco style bottle!

-Sam

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter