Half post Pitkin style pitcher 1780-1810

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Why don't you throw 10 bucks to the forum, as a token to the bottle gods or something..?

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I hope its not a jock strap SUPPORTER check mark next to my name Chuck,Roger and I go way back you know[:eek:][&:][:mad:][:D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
3473096550_f4133750e5.jpg

cyberdigger

Reaction score
]
  You get absolutely no negative humor from me.  RED Matthews
[sm=lol.gif]
I wish I could kiss your cheek, you sweet bottle obsessed gentleman, you!! [sm=kiss.gif]

surfaceone

Reaction score
Yo Steve,

Now you're talkin the little known dialect of Bottlonian; Pitkinish Pitcher. I gotz some questions, I do. But first i have'ta congratulatize you roundly on that purchasing coup. Anymore such scores and you're gonna need one a these,
coup-stick.jpg
mayhaps you've already got two.

Meanwhile, is the "Half post ring" also called a "Laid on ring?" Am I seeing that the "Half posty ring" on your pitcher is laid on against the leftward flow of the body of the pitcher? You gotta excuse me, cuz I'm not at all fluent in Pitkin.

97E9D4B942644C9793788186B0869543.jpg

Would that I could do the circles and arrows thing, but is the second gather swimming against the the flow of the swirl beneath the "shoulder?"

Can'ya give me the fifth grader description of how the glass worker got that Pitkinish swirl going in the first place?

I'm agog at summa yer photos! Agog, I tells ya...

57517CDF0ACA440B91F53D71E9113055.jpg

Thanks for the great glimpses of glass!

34.-circus-parade-and-court.jpg

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Surface,the bottle or in this case the pitcher is blown in the shape you see it in while still hot but not quite completely molten the bottle is dipped into the clay pot a second time and essentially two thirds to three quarters of the bottle and or vase or pitcher is coated a second time. It is then that the gaffer begins the twirling and the barber shop pole look effect takes hold.The line you see horizontily across the bottle is the line of demarkation of the second gather.The line is under the glass not on top of the swirls.The best way to describe the look is the bottle appears as if it is wearing a tee shirt. By the way I love your pictures and antedotes thats some funny stuff.I think you have passed Chuck as the the most creative poster for the past three to four months.He was the bar we all strive for he quit training and you have quietley crept pass him.Hes still good dont get me wrong he just has a little cathin up to do!![:D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Bull pants!!!!

Surf is several notches above me, and has been from day one.. you're comparing apples to apple sauce, Steve..

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause