HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS WEIRD MUG?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
What does that say above the face on the outside of the mug? OAT?? Strange mug fer sure fer sure. Kelley

3emarketeers

Reaction score

Thanks guys for all your comments. I have no idea what that think is inside the cup, maybe a gremlin/gobblin. Thanks Eric I will try and get in touch with tncgal and see if she can help me.
Maybe I can sell it on ebay as a haunted cup. It looks freaking possessed. I think it should bring more than that $64,000 haunted cane don’t you?
I hadn’t paid attention that those might be letters. I just thought they were symbols. It kind of looks like it might say Dave---That would really be weird because my son who found it is named David, LOL, and he looks like he's going to throw up about now.

Brains

Reaction score
i got some info on it from an insulator collector, it's an old beer mug. The 1 he has has angels on it and was made in 1942, he also said that yours was older than that, but he isn't to sure about it.
O ya! it dos say dave, vodo for sure[;)]

sweetrelease

Reaction score
your pic of the inside is not up it is only a "x" what is inside the mug? by the way i would love to own that ..nice mug ,matt

sweetrelease

Reaction score
no way bottlediger!! bad luck with that ,and with holloween coming up[X(]i'm so scared[:D].but i would like it anyway[8|],matt

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey, Thats looks like a girl I dated way back in my whiskey livin days. I beleave her name was ............well never mind...[&:]

diggerjeff

Reaction score
at first i thought this piece might be kirkpatric or an anna piece . i have checked with experts and they dont believe it is either. it was suggested that it was possably made in georgia between 1910 and 1930. possably bby a man with last name meeks. i can not verify this. it was also suggested this piece would have had to be fired twice, because the outside is saltglaze and the inside is blue. experts say this glaze technology is from around 1930.
i will try to come up with more, got to talk to a few more people.

3emarketeers

Reaction score
Thanks so much diggerjeff! Would it help if I put up some more close up pictures?
I really appreciate your help. I've had 2 people wanting to buy it, but, I would really like to get an idea of what it's worth first.
Thanks again

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MBC