Hecklers- March 5

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
So you are, or aren't selling it? It's in the auction. I can't say I wouldn't sell it, had I dug it...

The thickness of the glass in the bottom left corner of the bottle when looking at the eagle makes me think they're the same one, or it's an extreme coincidence of glassmaking.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
more of the true color

13DC9D462B7B4AE98753F13DBA9EAC6C.jpg

Attachments

• 13DC9D462B7B4AE98753F13DBA9EAC6C.jpg
    13DC9D462B7B4AE98753F13DBA9EAC6C.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 84

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

So you are, or aren't selling it? It's in the auction. I can't say I wouldn't sell it, had I dug it...

The thickness of the glass in the bottom left corner of the bottle when looking at the eagle makes me think they're the same one, or it's an extreme coincidence of glassmaking.

Oh really?It looks just like pix I took. Is it the 38 or the 39 I had it 4 years already Im not selling mine.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
How dumb of me to think you were selling your flask! I just saw the difference in them anyway. The one up for auction has a lip that's slightly rolled inwards, it looks like, but Rick, yours has just a straight lip. I didn't doubt you for a second. [8D]

I can't believe how similar they are, though. The glass thickness is identical in all the spots I can see! I guess the blower was just incredibly consistent with his gather-gathering. The two had to have been blown on the same day.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

How dumb of me to think you were selling your flask! I just saw the difference in them anyway. The one up for auction has a lip that's slightly rolled inwards, it looks like, but Rick, yours has just a straight lip. I didn't doubt you for a second. [8D]

I can't believe how similar they are, though. The glass thickness is identical in all the spots I can see! I guess the blower was just incredibly consistent with his gather-gathering. The two had to have been blown on the same day.

Mine has a few small flee bites on the left shoulder. Gives it some character[:)]

It might be a 38 because of the way they posted it
"Doyttville Glassworks Philada"

I was waiting to see another one and holybejusus I think I have.[8D]

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

Rick isn't that exactly how your's is embossed on the back?? Dyottville Glass Works / PHILADa

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

Rick isn't that exactly how your's is embossed on the back?? Dyottville Glass Works / PHILADa

Yes if it is embossed it is the same flask GII-38 that I have. The GII-39s are no doubt from Dyottville but they have no embossing.

epackage

Reaction score

Yes if it is embossed it is the same flask GII-38 that I have. The GII-39s are no doubt from Dyottville but they have no embossing.

Oh ok, it is embossed from the way I read the description. Gonna be the most talked about bottle in that auction for sure. If I win it does that make us Step Brothers???? LOL

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4