Hello All,Lots of help needed with my collection!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
Hello Fellow bottle collectors,
I'm from Upstate N.Y. and have quite a few bottles that i need help with,matter of fact i have around 4 or 5 crates full of privy dig/eerie canal finds/celler hole metal detecting bottle finds aswell as a few flea market buys.
Now the problem is that i have so many that i need help identifing/rarity and value and if a few should be keepers then please tell me.
All my bottles i figure range from 1820's to the late 1960's,due to some research in the bottle making processes"sorry no plantation bitters,lol",but i think a few of you collectors would be VERY interested in a couple especialy my older ones in which may be one of a kind.
I do have a digital camera so i will post a few at a time "if i can get help from anyone,which im sure i will" and i'll read the respones tommrow and start postin pics.
Also i will consider selling a few or a bulk of them when identified or even some of my personal favorite keepers.And since im living in a VERY historic area of the Upstate N.Y region that i will even look for bottles you may need,just tell me...
Thanks Everyone for thie time,and i hope that i get some replys....
PS-pic's will be commin tommarow

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hey lightning, I have a 2000+++++ bottle collection here in Maine. We are always looking to buy quanity at a fair price! I dont know it all about every bottle but with reference books up to the ceiling, and this bottle forum I can usually find my way in the dark.... Taz

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hey White Lightening - I too am new to this group of demented dirt diggers! "Can you dig it, yes I can"[8D] Ahem, anyway ours is a hobby, no an addiction that never goes away. Each glint of glass within those cobs of dirt is like diamonds to me. I grew up south of you down in the Gunks by New Paltz, where there were a lot of great old cellar holes. You are indeed in a historic area of the state of NY, my wife and I attended a bottle show at Saratoga last year and visited the 'National Bottle Museum' in Balston Spa. If you get a chance, attend one of the shows, the people are friendly, and the deals are usually honest. I live in Maine now, and fortunately there's still old privys, cellar holes and dumps to be found. Last year in fact, my wife and I spent 2 months in a dump out in the woods behind the 5th hole of a golf course in westbrook, Me that no one had ever dug! We found open pontils, 10 Warner's, Liver & Nervine, stoneware jug unbroken, a ton of medicines etc. oh, and lots of golf balls. I will also be posting some pictures of my bottles and the outhouse out back when I dig it this spring - I live in an 1830s house and have found lots of great things in the walls & the grounds. Look forward to seeing your bottles - Exiled NYR in Maine

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi WhiteLighting, welcome to the bottle forum [:D] .
You have found the best place to get the info you need [;)] . Do you have or ever find Codd bottles (or any other bottles with marble stoppers) in the us ? I have seen photos of a few but they don't seem as common as what they are in other parts of the world.

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
well it took awhile for me to respond...lol
but thanks,and please check my help post.......
cause im unloading bottles and such from the late 1700's to 1960's.......
thanks.....

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75