Hello from Davenport Iowa. USA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rogertc1

Reaction score
I am retired and have always been a collector/ displayer of weapons, cobalt lamps, yo-yos, autos and assorted glass bottles. I am fascinated now with Codd bottles and got a few on Ebay after research. Going price in my range IS $25 USD. Forever a cursed collector of stuff.

willong

Reaction score
I am retired and have always been a collector/ displayer of weapons, cobalt lamps, yo-yos, autos and assorted glass bottles. I am fascinated now with Codd bottles and got a few on Ebay after research. Going price in my range IS $25 USD. Forever a cursed collector of stuff.
Welcome to the AB.web!

For the sake of selection, price and availability of your preferred specialty, life would be easier if you hailed from the UK. I've watched a few of the videos posted by "bottlediggertom" on YouTube. The variety of embossed trademark adornments and the colors* of Codd bottles are quite impressive.

Please share an occasional photo when you acquire a particularly pleasing example.

* Brits, that's how we rebels spell colour.

rogertc1

Reaction score
Welcome to the AB.web!

For the sake of selection, price and availability of your preferred specialty, life would be easier if you hailed from the UK. I've watched a few of the videos posted by "bottlediggertom" on YouTube. The variety of embossed trademark adornments and the colors* of Codd bottles are quite impressive.

Please share an occasional photo when you acquire a particularly pleasing example.

* Brits, that's how we rebels spell colour.

rogertc1

Reaction score
'
2007 ROOM 1.jpg

One can't own firearms in the UK of which I have acquired a lot over the last 60 years. My gun room.

willong

Reaction score
'View attachment 235044

One can't own firearms in the UK of which I have acquired a lot over the last 60 years. My gun room.
Looks like you have a start on a decent selection of vintage firearms there.

FYI, Brits can own firearms, but it is considerably more problematic for them with no such thing as a Second Amendment. There's a big cultural difference of course, with firearms ownership being more a privilege of the landed gentry than a right of the common man in the UK.

I remember better times here in the states when one would enter a neighborhood gun shop and see belted MG ammo decoration like that in your gun room. Moreover, live stuff was actually sold in military surplus auctions instead of being demilled. Not the NFA "destructive device" calibers though, as an earlier Democratic administration had already said F' the Constitution and screwed us over with the 1934 National Firearms Act.

If you've been collecting for sixty years, then you must be at least as ancient as me. Thus, you might remember ads such as the one below when they still showed up in the back pages of popular outdoors and gun magazines. If those broom handle Mausers on your wall are any indication, I'd wager we would both like to time travel to those days to add a few vintage "war surplus" goodies to the collection.
1646029306596.png

rogertc1

Reaction score
Looks like you have a start on a decent selection of vintage firearms there.

FYI, Brits can own firearms, but it is considerably more problematic for them with no such thing as a Second Amendment. There's a big cultural difference of course, with firearms ownership being more a privilege of the landed gentry than a right of the common man in the UK.

I remember better times here in the states when one would enter a neighborhood gun shop and see belted MG ammo decoration like that in your gun room. Moreover, live stuff was actually sold in military surplus auctions instead of being demilled. Not the NFA "destructive device" calibers though, as an earlier Democratic administration had already said F' the Constitution and screwed us over with the 1934 National Firearms Act.

If you've been collecting for sixty years, then you must be at least as ancient as me. Thus, you might remember ads such as the one below when they still showed up in the back pages of popular outdoors and gun magazines. If those broom handle Mausers on your wall are any indication, I'd wager we would both like to time travel to those days to add a few vintage "war surplus" goodies to the collection.
View attachment 235138
bUT I HAVE MORE

Attachments

• 2007 ROOM.jpg
    2007 ROOM.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 72
  • 2007 ROOM2.jpg
    2007 ROOM2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 78

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads