Help needed in Illinois

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

monsterdigger

Reaction score
I recently discovered a large dump in the woods. the closest town is an old lime stone mining town that dates back to the early 1800's. The dump is off of an old road that has been blocked for years. at the end of the road there are several old foundations. close to the foundations are a well and some old brick stairs that lead to the dump. The dump looks like at one time to be surrounded by rocks like a border. Also near the dump there is an old creek that looks like at one time a small bridge went across. all over the woods laying on the gound or not even a foot deep in the ground are post prohibition bottles(1932-1964). The weather here warmed up in the 40's so i decided to go digging. I only dug one small hole about 3' deep do to the lack of help. I found lots of broken medicine and milk bottles, also lots of old metal(tools, farm equipement, etc.) The onle complete bottles i found were a 1900-1920 whiskey corker and a late 1800's standard brewery bottle. But those were dug in only a one hour period. But anyway i am looking for a digging partener. There are many large rocks in the dump that i would need help. I hope someone out there is willing to go on this adventure. I am new to bottle collecting, but love it. I dig whenever possible. I will be digging this site for at least a whole year. I would rather have a partener that could share the finds.............Jake.

monsterdigger

Reaction score
Dan to be honest, I have dug cans in dumps but they were too rusty to see what it held, but i find old (rip top) beer cans laying in the woods off of old closed roads. I usually just toss them with no interest. Is far as brands go I have found Coors, Old Style, and Anheusser Busch(dont know if i spelled it right?). I find alot of post prohibition bottles laying around with the caps still on them: Hiram Walker, Seagrams, etc. mostly all half and full pint whiskeys.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause