Help on a unique selter bottle history and value

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbla17

Reaction score
I purchased the attached seltzer bottle at a Goodwill about 15 years ago, ever since then I have never seen another like it. I have taken it to countless antique malls and have received the same reply; " I have never seen a bottle like that before". This response doesn't help me in my research. I am hoping for a pretty cool story behind it but I have a feeling its not going to an Indiana Jones type of adventure, but I am still crossing my fingers. Details about the bottle....It stands 11 inches tall from top to bottom.I believe the bottle itself is made from satin glass and have been told that from a few dealers.The metal stem extends the length of the bottle inside and the blue pump is rubber.There are 4 markings on the bottom;AHK, "P", "4" and a strange symbol that looks like a sideways chalice. I am just trying to find out any history on this bottle and maybe its value. I thank you in advance for any information.

Attachments

• 0abd468c77d14cf08a7e3a6378f67cad.jpg
    0abd468c77d14cf08a7e3a6378f67cad.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 8541031b39604ce6bd265e0ebf0962b5.jpg
    8541031b39604ce6bd265e0ebf0962b5.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 69

coreya

Reaction score
It appears to be a medical aspiration bottle, used to aspirate or remove fluids.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Since I don't know what an aspiration bottle is I'll say it sounds good for lack of a better answer. I was thinking an insect powder sprayer but it's an odd on if it is.It's not a seltzer and the AHK on the base sound like Alexander H Kerr. No clue on the chalice thing.

coreya

Reaction score
An Aspiration bottle was used to create a negative presure so fluids like blood or mucus or other bodily fluids could be suctioned out of wherever. Tube attaches to the curved piece, blub is compessed, fluid is "aspirated" into the bottle.

bubbla17

Reaction score
Continuing down the path that it is a Alexander H Kerr bottle, after looking up a few sources on the web, the weird chalice thing is actually the number 84. In another article, this usually stood for the year. So I am guessing that the bottle was made in 1984 and the AHK mark was used from 1944-1992. So that makes sense. I don't see anything about them making aspirator bottles but I have seen several articles about canning jars and commercial (soda and prepackage bottles). I am getting closer to its history, just need any more ideas. Thanks for the help thus far.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I wonder if, going on the aspiration thing again, it may have been part of the embalming process?

bubbla17

Reaction score
I just bought another bottle but this time from the Owens Illinois Glass Company. This Bottle has a white squeeze top instead of the blue one and was made in 1977. I emailed the seller and all they could tell me was they found it at an estate sale. 2 Different companies same bottle, still intrigued with mystery of what kind of bottle it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26