HELP!!! RIP.....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

poisons4me

Reaction score
The little bottles like you have there are also found in minature bitters,medicines and even large versions,all decorative not actual use bottles. You will learn to distinguish the difference only after handling many old bottles and talking/listening to the nice people on this forum. Here attached is a 1890s coffin that contained poison coffin shaped tablets.The one on the right and the amber ones are 1890s hand blown in molds with applied/tooled lips and the blue one on left is machine made (after 1910 range)the seam goes all the way to the top of the bottle. I hope this helps,also look on ebay on poison bottles from time to time and visit bottle shows. Its a great hobby and i highly recommend it. I would keep the bottle if i were you,its one of your first right??that will matter one day ill bet. Hope this helopes you out Rick.

Rp44177.jpg

Attachments

• Rp44177.jpg
    Rp44177.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 121

poisons4me

Reaction score
This will show you more detail,this is a pretty rare bottle in the 7 inch size like this. Shows you better the detail,these say poison across the back shoulder also,cool bottle.

Nk28009.jpg

Attachments

• Nk28009.jpg
    Nk28009.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 145

poisons4me

Reaction score
There are a few of them on ebay under poison bottles right now..[:)]

Toxic_Waste

Reaction score
About the Wheaton ... I have collected three complete sets of those 3" coffin bottles. They were made in green, amber (yellow actually), a ruby red and a blue. I gave one set away as a gift, sold another set for $100 on ebay (all with corks) and kept a set for my own collection. You can tell they are repros because of the W71H embossed on them ... they were indeed manufactured in the 1970s for decorative purposes, even though the Wheaton company manufactured lots of pharmaceutical glass way before that.

The repro poisons are still highly sought after, and I have seen several sell on ebay in the range of $60 to $90 each (people like the red ones best), but I have also seen them way cheaper. I bought a few for around $10 each or even less! Ebay is fickle that way -- you might get a fortune for an object, then somebody else tries to sell the same type of thing and gets almost nothing for it.

Fc90190.jpg

Attachments

• Fc90190.jpg
    Fc90190.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 124

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member