HELP!! Small jar can anyone Identify?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PattyBottles

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the community, and new to bottle digging. Dug this small jar today. The date on the bottom, and the depth at which it was buried leads me to believe theres some age. Only markings are on the bottom. Jar was found in New Jersey. Anyone have any ideas? Thank You!

Embossing reads:

No2
B
PATIN US ** 23.1900.

-PB
IMG_2238.jpeg
IMG_2239.jpeg

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi PattyBottles,

Welcome to our club. --I found one just like yours once in my very first trash pit with mostly '50s-'60s companions. The closure on mine wasn't threaded but I'm guessing a plastic press down. Maybe a food container. I have it still, somewhere... Will check to see if the patent no. is the same. Looking up the number would be the next positive step but I'm guessing its kind of common. (Any idea what you're going to use it for?) The design is slightly different, but its heavy and thick glass. It reminds me of a period peanut butter container.:)

--CT Len

PS- Like your community handle!

Last edited:

gdog68

Reaction score
Looks like the top is grinded down.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hi Patty,
I believe you might possibly have some ghost numbers under that scuff area in the patent numbering. I can't quite read them. If you can then the door opens to a lot of info. :) --CT Len

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen