Help with bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

fsmithx

Reaction score
Hi All...I have recently come into several bottles that I'm hoping someone can tell me something about and of course, probable value. The 1st is a 5" tall Horlick's Malted Milk that says Racine, Wis. U.S.A. and London, Eng. The 2nd is a 6" tall Phoenix Brand Products Spices, Teas Extracts, Etc. M I Crawford Co. Baltimore. This is my first time posting so I hope my image made it along with this message. Thanks Fred

C01DC6CCF24B46A2B4D12C557B95C1CF.jpg

Attachments

• C01DC6CCF24B46A2B4D12C557B95C1CF.jpg
    C01DC6CCF24B46A2B4D12C557B95C1CF.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 83

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Fred, Welcome to the forum. The Horlick's Was malted milk powder. It also came in lunch tablets and the bottles come in many sizes ranging from a little over 2" sample to the 5 gal shop size. Yours is worth $5.

The Books will tell you that the Phoenix is worth from $3 to $7 but thats not correct. They go for $20 easy on most days and are highly collectable.

Don't have much on the Phoenix but you can Google the Horlick's for info.

fsmithx

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Warren. I don't know much about bottles but I have been accummlating them over the last 30 years. Whenever I'm at a estate sale, trade lot or flea market etc.and can get a box of bottles for a couple of dollars I do. I would guess that I have close to 3000 now, probably, half being soda bottles. Where are some good sources for finding the value of soda bottles? What are the most popular books used by bottle collectors? Hopefully, that question will bring several responses.

What part of Dixie are you in? I'm in upper SC just south of Charlotte, NC.

Thanks again Fred

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Fred, Check out your local large chain book stores in the collectables and you should be able to find books on most every thing. Ebay is the best sorce for current prices. For info on most bottles you are in the right place. Just throw up a pic and ask a question.

Oh, Did I mention that we love pics and that this hobby is an affliction that will never go away.

I'm down in Seminole Al. in Baldwin Co. about 15 min out of Pensacola Fl.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward