Here are my prized bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sloughduck

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cobaltbot

Very very nice collection and display cabinets!  I bet it took a long time to assemble?  I trust you've been to the Senator Heinz Museum in Pittsburgh and seen the Heinz displays.

Nope not yet,But that will go on my list of places to visit,along with the Corning Glass Museum

LC

Reaction score
Nice collection of pickle jars Don . I have found them off and on over the years , but the labels were never intact so I never hung onto them . They look good with the labels attached . Thanks for sharing , I enjoyed viewing them .

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Nice glass sloughduck; I didn't see many SARATOGA bottles but I am always looking for bottles that have the Half-Leaf Mold Cavity Repair weld showing on the glass. I have found quite a few of them to examine but I still haven't found a duplicate bottle that has this mark on it. I have one with 1 and a 1/2 one on it. I have found a bottle with two of them X-d over each other and some others that I need to go check out. It is just one of my studies about early glass forming methods. RED Matthews

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the close ups, food bottles are great and underated, which is what you want while you are putting them together. That's an outstanding collection. Stop in if you pass by Delta.

annie44

Reaction score
Great collection! I notice you have two of the largest size Sanborn Parker Union Brand Boston Pickles. Is the lighter one a citron color? I have one, and yours is the only other one like it that I've seen (although I realize of course there are more).

If you are still acquiring new specimens I have a couple of fairly hard to find square Skilton Foote Bunker Hill pickle bottles that I was planning to sell. I have a light amber, dark amber (with damage), and aqua.

Great display case! Thanks for sharing your pictures!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: sloughduck

Ever Since I was a little kid I have always loved pickles.Probably why I collected their bottles.

4634AFC7EBA244C78C6CD48161E7ABF7.jpg

Those are some beautiful examples,....Very nice collection!
m6.gif

sandchip

Reaction score
Wow! Those are great. I think I've got maybe one label only pickle like the one at 12:50:25, only with the label reading "Choice Family Sour Pickles made by Strosler & Co. Louisville, Ky."

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause