Here's that poison! Age, Scarcity, Value?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
I don't have the Poison Workbook yet, so any help would be greatly appreciated. It is close to honey amber, stands 3 1/4" tall, BIMAL, and is a true triangle. Has nice raised pyramids on the sides. POISON embossed on one side. Base is embossed P.D. & CO. ( Parke Davis & Co. ) and 694 which I am guessing 6 of 1894 and I believe is a patent date on a few poison bottles as well. Could be wrong though. This is all I do know about this bottle. This is the second one I have found this month out of the same dump. Age, Scarcity, and Value is what I'm needing. Thanks for viewing.

Us53861.jpg

Attachments

• Us53861.jpg
    Us53861.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 80

thturk

Reaction score
Picture of bottom is kinda fuzzy. What's on there?

Trish

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
Hi Trish. The base is embossed P.D. & Co. 694. I know this is Parke Davis & Co. But this is all I know about this poison. Trying to get some info on scarcity, age, and approx. value. Thanks, Robert

BottleArchaeologist

Reaction score
Well those initials have been used since 1875. Only way to tell the age is by the bottle manufacturing method.

Can ya give me some info on seams? Is there a seam going around the base? Where do the side seams end?

BA

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
There are 3 seams. One goes up to bottom of top. The other 2 go about half way. The bottle has a real sloppy tooled top. Better pics are on ebay. This bottle has about 5 days left. No bids yet. Started it at $9.99. I figured someone might know something about it. I would probably guess 1890-1900. Scarcity and value is what I'm after. Have you ever seen the O.J. bottle? Robert

Jim

Reaction score
Hello, Robert. Nice little find. It is a KT-8. These are a fairly common poison, but not among the most common. It should bring at least $15-$20, maybe more. They date around the late 1800s-early 1900s. Congrats on finding two of them, I've never dug any of this type. Jim

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
Thanks a million Jim. I knew someone had some info. I could have been overlooking it in some of my books. Have you ever seen the O.J.'s Beauty Lotion bottle? Robert

Jim

Reaction score
Glad I could help. Poisons are my specialty. I was looking at your OJ's bottle, very nice and very fancy! Unfortunately, I've never seen anything like it, so I'm not much help for identifying it. I'll let you know if I happen to find anything out. Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson