High Meadow Farm Dairy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

chorne2k

Reaction score
I will post an image asap, but was just wondering how I would be able to determine the age of a one quart milk bottle from the High Meadow Farm Dairy, North Salem, NY. Obviously I am a novice and not a bottle collector, but this has been in my possesion for decades. Also, is this a particularly rare and/or valuable item? In searching numerous collector sites, I could not find an example or any reference to this dairy.

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
If you post a pic I can tell you the age. I might even be able to tell you without a pic. If the milk bottle is painted (pyro) it is newer but if has raised lettering (embossed) it is older. If you look on the bottom of your bottle you will see a number for example "14" this will stand for the year 1914. Hope this helps!

chorne2k

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. The image of the bottom of the bottle didn't come out that well, but "46E" is embossed on the bottom.

Yv66034.jpg

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
This bottle dates to around 1946. Your style is in the middle. There is the embossed milk bottle (which is older), the round painted, and the painted square ones. As for the value I don't really have an idea beause I mainly deal in Ohio milk bottles. But if you decide to sell it, DON'T take it to an antique shop to sell. They will rip you off royally. I know from experience. To make a long story short..... When I just started out digging bottles I was selling the local milks I was finding to an antique shop in my town and the guy was giving me $10 or $15 a bottle which I was happy with at the time. I come back a while later and see one of the milks I sold him with a price of $100.00. That's the way things go I guess. [:mad:]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter