Historic Job Moses House Fire

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Our neighbors occupy the historic, 1860 Job Moses house. You can do a search on Job Moses, his discovery of oil and his patent medicine business (there is a Job Moses bottle). I'm not sure if he had any other bottles. We had always wanted to ask for permission to dig the privy. I do not know the family, but Joe is familiar with them. Unfortunately, we were slightly worried about some unscrupulous neighbors finding out about "bottles" read bottle$$, as can happen.

A few weeks ago, there was a house fire there. The mother, her son and a friend who pulled her out were injured. The family dog died. The mother died a few days ago. I prayed for her when I found out, sending positive energy their way. I am still doing so. There are rumors about how the fire started, but officially it is still under investigation.

This has been extremely sad and I hope their family heals and can find some comfort and peace at this time.

I just thought I'd post this, not to depress anyone, but because it is such a historic home related to patent medicines, and it's something that happened this week.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Moses sold Sir James Clarkes Pills ...
http://antiquemedicines.com/blog/?p=655

Does that house only go back to 1860s?

RedGinger

Reaction score
It says it was built in 1860. I know there were other homes in the same road, but I think most are gone. Thankfully, the house is still standing. I hope it can be fully restored.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1