Holzhauer Barber Supply House Bottle- Troy, NY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

onlypastrana199

Reaction score
I found this bottle with some of the contents still inside. Its embossed L. Holzhauer Sons Co. Barber Supply House Troy, N.Y. THere are no other markings on the bottle. I was told that the contents may be bay rum of some sort but I haven't been able to find anything out about the company, the bottle, or the worth. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ki19627.jpg

Attachments

• Ki19627.jpg
    Ki19627.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 89

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
Ilive a county away from troy and also lived in a old brewery in troy,got alot of blobs a traded away from there....

but dont clean it "outside you can",I get some info...also barber bottles and hair tonics are good sellers!

David E

Reaction score
Sorry can't find anything about the company. But the barber bottles that were put out on a counter in barber shops, were much more fancier than yours. So would believe yous was used to refill the fancy expesive ones.
Dave

onlypastrana199

Reaction score
Yeah I haven't cleaned it other than wiping down the outside a little bit with a wet cloth, its such cool bottle, I'm thinking I'm gonna have to get rid of my collection though as I need to pay for a very expensive, Ivy education.. [sm=tongue.gif] wish college didn't cost so much. Anyway, thanks for the info, I was thinking it was used to refill them. Its a neat little piece of history.

~Melissa

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85