Need help identifying a broken bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wk20

Reaction score
Hi all! I am new to this site. I would be posting this in the "before 1900" or "after 1900" categories, but I'm really not sure when it would be from. I found it on the banks of a river, and unfortunately only have the bottom of it. It is labeled "Jos E Seagram and Sons" below that you can see "Canada" and "5433" Not visible in the photos, to the right of "Canada", the number 55 is visible. I can't figure out what the maker's mark is, it seems like some sort of U? To the left of that, another faded away logo can barely be seen, looks like some sort of window. I'm hoping to figure out the approximate time period this bottle could've been made, or maybe if it's just a lost cause. Thank you!

Attachments

• seagram3.png
    seagram3.png
    218.8 KB · Views: 33
  • seagram2.png
    seagram2.png
    252.6 KB · Views: 31
  • seagram.png
    seagram.png
    292.5 KB · Views: 31

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
Hello there, first of all welcome to the site. The makers mark is the Dominion Glass Company. That logo was introduced in 1970. The window symbol is the month code and means that the bottle was made in November or December. The number to the right is usually the year code but in this case 55 doesn't make sense, but the bottle was probably made in the 1970s or 80s. It looks like a 70s alcohol bottle to me but I'm not 100% sure.
Screenshot_20240403-002233.png
IMG_20240403_002411055.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
its a broken liquor bottle , Seagrams is a canadian liquor manufacture . used to be based in the Kitchener /Waterloo area but would of been selling product all over the place

were you located in canada ?

this bottle doesn't appear to be that old and without paper label is hard to determine much about it or actual product it contained

wk20

Reaction score
its a broken liquor bottle , Seagrams is a canadian liquor manufacture . used to be based in the Kitchener /Waterloo area but would of been selling product all over the place

were you located in canada ?

this bottle doesn't appear to be that old and without paper label is hard to determine much about it or actual product it contained
I'm located in SC

wk20

Reaction score
Hello there, first of all welcome to the site. The makers mark is the Dominion Glass Company. That logo was introduced in 1970. The window symbol is the month code and means that the bottle was made in November or December. The number to the right is usually the year code but in this case 55 doesn't make sense, but the bottle was probably made in the 1970s or 80s. It looks like a 70s alcohol bottle to me but I'm not 100% sure.View attachment 254057View attachment 254058
Ohh alright, thank you! I thought I wouldn't be able to figure this one out, the month code thing is really cool!

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
Your very welcome. I'm glad I could be of assistance. That month system came out in 1953 and was used on Dominion Glass Company and Consumers Glass Company bottles. It's really helpful because if you see one of those symbols on any kind of bottle you know that it is definitely from 1953 or newer.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator