Hooflands German Bitters Envelope

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Here is a pretty cool go with for anyone with a Hoofland's German Bitters, it sold for over $110 on the Bay....I have 5 newspapers from Paterson where they advertise for this on the front page. The ad is 3" wide and runs from the top of the page all the way to the bottom, the papers are from the 1850's and 1860's...must have been an expensive ad back in the day.
Jim

BdTYGmQB2kKGrHqYH-C4Erfh4PcBK4ReZiT.jpg
[/IMG]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
That's a nice old cover!! I wonder if it was a refund to a dissatisfied customer? [&:]

...don't you just love how back then you could just write a name, town, and state.. and it would get there!!?? Probably took an extra day or two, though..

epackage

Reaction score
I have a good collection of Paterson Covers like this Charlie, you're right I am always blown away by how they addressed them. I have a few I am watching now but I never pay more than $6-7 for them and the ones I'm watching are in the $50-60 range. I was looking thru the old Paterson newspapers I have from the 1850's and 60's when I saw the ad for this tonic. I then came here and saw that people here had these bottles, very cool. I might have to get one as a go with for one of the newspapers.......

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Nice Cover, I dug a hooflands german bitters out of a west tn. creekbank a few weeks ago. It was missing the base , which I recovered downstream on the next trip back! Tn. Civil war covers are expensive, I buy the old local covers , if under $8 bucks and make a copy of the ones that got away or I was out bid on.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960