HOW JR BECAME KNOWN AS THE TILLER

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

FIGGINS DIGGINS

Reaction score
I am brand new to the forum. I hope to share some great digging pictures with you all soon but hope you will settle for what I think is a pretty good story for now.

This is the story of how my son became known as the "Tiller".

It all started with one of my digging partners and I digging down about 2 feet to a concrete cap poured behind some old buildings. We then proceeded to knock a hole through that cap which we later learned was much too small. Of course Jr was there with us. He also is a top-notch treasure hunter. A real chip of the ole block! When we had made our way through some plain bottles and a lip-chipped w.h.bulls blood purifier we were about 2 feet below the concrete and really standing on our heads if you know what I mean. It was getting late, we were wore out and a little disgusted. But lo and behold the edge of a piece of flow-blue showed up in the deepest part of the hole. I couldn't reach it. My buddy couldn't reach it. Both a little too big around the middle. After a short discussion we decided against busting anymore concrete or blowing out the sides. With just a little persuasion we had Jr. by the ankles and lowered head first into that hole. Man the way he was bucking and kicking with us holding onto his ankles reminded me of trying to hold on to a powerful garden tiller on some rock-hard dirt. It was hilarious. We didn't stop laughing for days. That doggone piece of flow-blue was busted too of course, but the "TILLER" got her outta there.

Hope you enjoyed and I assure you all that Jr. was never in any danger. He is out of school and over here in West Tennessee with me now so You guys be looking for some pictures before long from us. See ya later.

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
Great story. Welcome to the forum. I have 3 children, 11 yr. old boy ( stout as an ox, 5-8 175), 10 yr. old girl ( who's sort of into digging), and my 5 yr. old boy ( who is the most interested ). I try to take them once in awhile, but the poison ivy here in Texas will eat you alive and they seem to get it too easy. Finding a privy in Texas is like finding a needle in a haystack. This is why I usually resort to dump digging. Hope to see some great digs. Robert

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Daniel, Great story and Welcome to the forum. We love stories and pics on this forum and there are alot of great folks here with alot of knowledge about everything bottles.

My kids are grown and gone except my 21 year old son who is in college. He knows how to eat, sleep and s^#t and he is good with cars when he is awake.LoL

FIGGINS DIGGINS

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I look forward to sharing my digging experiences with you all and especially your experiences being shared with me.
I cut my bottle-digging teeth on a riverfront dump on the Mississippi River when I was just knee high to a grasshopper. My dear Mother, got me started looking there and my affair with digging bottles was on like a pot of neck-bones. Like her, and I really think this is why she first took me there, I still think it is a great way to help keep a kid out of trouble. In a world that is way too busy for my taste, treasure hunting has always been a great time to squeeze in quality time with my Mom and lately with my kids. That old dump is still my stand-by. After twenty-five+ years of digging there the River got up a couple years ago, peeled off some pavement, and helped us find three different local slugplate whiskies that I didn't even know existed. I must have called that place "dug out" at least ten times over the years. Thanks Mom!!!

Please allow me to offer the best remedy I've found for poison ivy breakouts. If you haven't tried it already, you just can't resist the lure of the great outdoors, and you find yourself eat up from the feet up like I often do, get yourself some medicated foot powder. There is a name brand I will not mention but also a generic version. They both come in a gold colored plastic bottle. Rub that stuff in there real good. It stings a little at first but stops all the itching and has cut my recovery times in half. The kids even like it. Aren't they the greatest treasures of all!!!

Dan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85