How often do you score?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Yeah Canni I forgot to add that digging (something I dont have) is also a good day.When I dug that Warner's in a privy I was stoked because we never dig those around here. Common but my first. A virgin Warner's. Untouched by any other dirty hands [:D]

imukdiver

Reaction score
I usually score when I go diving( i have several spots that pay off), but with privy digging. I honestly haven't dug a decent pit in over a year and a half. In that time I've done at least 30 pits.

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
It is so varied here. We have and average of 3 guys digging 5 privies per weekend and sometimes we don't see anything good pop out for a month. I dig with some very good bottle diggers and we always find privies but as for stuff we put on our shelves...... next to nothing.

I will not sit here and tell you we dig empty privies, but, out of the hundreds of bottles we dig in a month we will only clean a couple and take them home, the rest go to the homeowner or new diggers/ collectors who appreciate it. to give you an idea, I have dug probably 250 privies in 3 years and I have 48 bottles in my collection. Granted I have an obscure collection of very local beer bottles from 2 smaller towns but most of those bottles i traded for or bought.

RCO

Reaction score
I find lots of random stuff , go swimming for bottles and dig up dumps as well . no real guarantee any location is going to pay off with finds . some are really good others a waste of time . mostly found a lot of pop bottles this year so far , some locals , some major brands like coca cola . and more common food bottles for various sauces or medical remedies bottles.

NyDigger1

Reaction score
It all depends on what youre looking for.

Take me for example, nyc bottles. It took me 4 years to find 1 good nyc bottle producing dump. After that one was dug out it took another year to find the next one. But when I finally got into those dumps they were almost all keepers and good bottles.

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Hi Alan,
You ask a good question and I suppose its what score means to every individual. I like to think a day of diving not finding beats good day of work. I usually find one to three real nice keepers a year out of "a lot of dives". Diving in rivers has often no rhyme or reason, it is often I take home shards or really damaged stuff. That is why I believe finding those perfect ones is all the more memorable. Kevin

splante

Reaction score
I also enjoy the hunt and would rather find bottles then buy them, even a bad day hunting is relaxing for me.I would say about every two or three times I find something I have not found before or one that I need for my collection..."keepers" almost everytime , weather a semi-common that I have already and will trade or TRY to sell on the bay.or not so commons..otherwise they end up in the recycle bin and the local river is a little cleaner..

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiharris