Huge pontil

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

olddump

Reaction score
Today I dug this really nice emerald green bottom of a bottle or glass container with a 4 inch pontil it is approx. 12inches in diameter. Can anyone tell me what this went with ???

Vt58857.jpg

Attachments

• Vt58857.jpg
    Vt58857.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 84

Bluegrass

Reaction score
My god! I'd like to see that pontil rod! The guy who used that must have been a weightlifter...lol!

olddump

Reaction score
I know guys as soon as I saw it I thought it of a giant mineral as some are that color. But the size florred me I'll be back today looking for more of it' I will keep everyone posted as I find more. I was as excited as if I'd have found the Seaworth Bitters I'm looking for[:D] well almost anyways. Thanks Tom Olddump

maineahh62

Reaction score
hello olddump, here is a site i thought you may like to check out, i hope it help's http://www.glswrk-auction.com/030.htm

olddump

Reaction score
Hey Tim, That was really great thanks. It is also 3/4 of an inch thick at the bottom. It was one of those bottles you spend a lifetime looking for. Something that size has a hard time at a dump. I'm in the middle of a snow/rain storm now but can't wait to see if I can find any more of it. And yes it looks to be from a demijohn after looking at those pics
Tom Olddump

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem