hurricane

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I gassed up 8 days ago and still have 2/3 full tank, cause I didn't go anywhere except to bring my wife to work and back. Getting gas in Jackson is still a MAJOR problem! Now we're rationing.. funky..

deenodean

Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2012/11/03/ns-container-terminal-triples-business-sandy-aftermath.html
I guess the container ships can't be sent back without unloading..

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Who is still with out power? or who do you know that still is out?

I am loseing track now.We lost juice the day of the storm,its going on 7 days! Today all of the PPL workers from other states are pulling out and going home. Maybe they forgot about us?I am thankfull for a place to stay,but I wanana go home!

Conch times

Reaction score
RE: Who is still with out power? or who do you know that still is out?

Wow Rick, you still don't have power? And your still not home? Man that sucks, I have been through it down here before and I feel for you buddy! The guys from our local power company just got to long island last night, they put it out on twitter.

slag pile digger

Reaction score

I am still without power...we have a bis a#* tree on some lines down the road....big trucks can't go across my bridge it is only a 7 ton limit..might be a while till they figure something out...generator power for now...

A905B75DD7C644219EA25E6B9DE400F1.jpg

Attachments

• A905B75DD7C644219EA25E6B9DE400F1.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 89

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: xxfollyxx

Some crazy before and after

Hows everyone doing gas wise? Lines seem to be lightening up. During the middle of the week some places were up to 4 hours. Ridiculous.
Took a nice ride out to Blairstown yesterday, enjoyed the ride up 80 and got off and took a left onto 46 East , nie easy 40 mph drive along the Delaware enjoying the site. A few miles down the road I found two gas stations open, the tiny one had only 7 or 8 cars and I put $100 in my van and was in and out in 10 minutes. I went across the street afterward to the saturday flea market and then stopped at the diner for a belgian waffle with whipped cream and a chocolate malted. I enjoyed the ride back thru Budd lake ad then hoped on 80 and headed home. That was the best way to spend 2-3 hours getting gas and not getting all fustrated by waiting in long lines just to be turned away when they run out of gas. In the words of the immortal Horace Greeley... Go West Young Man![;)]

epackage

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: slag pile digger

I am still without power...we have a bis a#* tree on some lines down the road....big trucks can't go across my bridge it is only a 7 ton limit..might be a while till they figure something out...generator power for now...

Nice area Mike but they seem to get to you guys last during this type of thing, I was out in Blairstown yesterday and the number of trees down was amazing compared to by me, good thing for the generator...

slag pile digger

Reaction score

We are last always, but thats the beauty of it...... we are better off than thousands,,,,I can deal......

cyberdigger

Reaction score

When the lights came back on here on Thursday, I was thinking "it's about damn time!" but there are still over a million homes without power in NJ right now.. so now I'm thinking "I was damn lucky!"

I helped unload some FEMA trucks today for a while.. lots of volunteers around here, it's nice to see that!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen